viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2011

Cuba is here... with some changes

I Introduction

So I'm just 48 hours away from getting to Cuba and I'm very excited. But I'm also angry at Cubana (the arline).
So last Monday I checed the schedule and everything was fine, but it wasn't until today that I saw a change in both of my flights with Cubana (CUN-HAV, HAV-CUN) Both were bad. In the first flight I was going to be at the Cancun airport for 3 hours and 45 minutes, now I'm going to be 4 hours and 20 minutes.

But for my returning flight, I had 2 hours and 50 minutes and now I have 1 hour and 50 minutes. The problem here is that I have to pass through customs (might take 5 or 50 minutes) and then I have to check my bags at least 1 hour before my flight. So if I was flying a normal airline, this could be done without a problem but I'm flying Cubana. I've heard that 99% of its flights are at least 15 minutes delayed, so if the plane arrives 30 minutes after, I would have less than 20 minutes to get off the plane, pass customs and run to another terminal. And if I don't make it, I totally loose my plane and have to pay for new tickets.

Of course Cubana will not pay me anything. So then I have this 2 options
1) Change the flight with Volaris (Cancun- Mexico City) 485 USD
2)Forget about the Volaris flight and pay for a new ticket on Aeromexico 360 USD
3) Try to change my Cubana flight from Havana to Cancun, to Havana to Mexico City.

So I might go with the 2nd option, because the 3rd isn't very possible and I'm very mad and my trip hasn't even started yet.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario